The Team consists of a dedicated Care Coordinator and an Outreach Worker who will work closely with patients, their GP, community services and allied health professionals to enhance the patients’ health.
The Care Coordinator and Outreach Worker can assist people by:
- Assist people to understand their chronic disease by giving clear explanations and education.
- Encourage people to follow their care plan.
- Arrange specialist/allied health appointments, provide some financial assistance
- Link with community services
- Accessing health care in the community.
- Overcome barriers in accessing health care.
- Transportation to and from appointments.
- Advocacy and support during appointments.
Funds are also available to provide access to medical specialist, allied health services and some equipment that is in accordance with the patients care plan.